Can You Work in Canada if You Are a U.S. Citizen?

Every year, hundreds of thousands of foreign skilled workers go to Canada to work temporarily. American citizens can often fast-track their applications, making their dream of moving to Canada a reality that is achieved much sooner than it is for others.

How do I apply for a temporary resident permit in Canada?

If you have certain criminal convictions including a DUI on your record, you may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) in order to enter Canada. You need to plan well in advance of your trip in order to make sure you gain admittance into the county. In addition, a new application will need to be completed before each trip into the country. Submitting an application can be complicated, so it is helpful to have experienced legal counsel to help you throughout the process.
Can I Travel to Canada with a DUI?

Will a DUI prevent me from visiting Canada?

Visiting Canada if you have a DUI (driving under the influence/drunk driving) conviction takes advance planning. Most U.S. citizens do not realize they will not be allowed admittance into Canada if they have been convicted of a driving and alcohol related offense.